- About FPST
- Graduate Program
- Faculty & Staff
Wang, Qingsheng, PhD, PE, CSP
Dr. Wang is an Associate Professor of Fire Protection & Safety Engineering Technology and Graduate Faculty of Chemical Engineering at OSU. He is the holder of Dale F. Janes Endowed Professorship. He received his BS and MS degrees in Chemistry with Honors from Zhejiang University. He also received his PhD degree in Chemical Engineering from Texas A&M University with an emphasis in process safety engineering. He is a registered professional engineer and certified safety professional.
Dr. Wang has worked for Shell as a Technical Safety Engineer in Houston. During his stay at the MKO Process Safety Center at Teaxs A&M, he has been exposed to a variety of industrial projects with Dow Chemical, BP, ExxonMobil etc in TEEX Brayton Fire Training Field. During his tenure at OSU, he was named 2012 Big 12 Faculty Fellow and received 2015 Halliburton Outstanding Young Faculty Award. Professor Wang is a member of the NFPA, AIChE, ASSE, NSC, and ASEE.
Dr. Wang is the author of 40 referred journal papers, 22 proceedings, and 72 technical presentations. He is the ASSE JSHER Editor and on the Editorial Board for 4 journals and the invited reviewer for over 25 journals. Dr. Wang has been the co-chair of Global Congress on Process Safety since 2011. He has received funding from the NSF, NRC, NIOSH, Big 12 Faculty Fellowship, OSU and ASSE Foundation. His research is in process safety, focusing on flame retardants, thermal analysis, fire suppression and risk analysis.
Selected Referred Journal Papers
- W. Wang, K. Liang, C. Wang, Q. Wang*, “Comparative Analysis of Failure Probability for Ethylene Cracking Furnace Tube Using Monte Carlo and API RBI Technology”, Engineering Failure Analysis, 2014, 45, 278-282.
- J. Jiang, F. Rabbi, Q. Wang*, “Underbalanced Drilling Technology with Air Injection Connector”, Journal of Petroleum Exploration and Production Technology, 2014, 4, 275-280.
- P. Wilson, Q. Wang*, “Development of a Protocol for Determining Confined Space Occupant Load”, Process Safety Progress, 2014, 33, 143-147.
- W. Wang, Q. Wang*, C. Wang, J. Yi, “Experimental Studies of Crevice Corrosion for Buried Pipeline with Disbonded Coatings under Cathodic Protection”, Journal of Loss Prevention in the Process Industries, 2014, 29, 163-169.
- T. Ma, Q. Wang*, M. D. Larrañaga, “From Ignition to Suppression, a Thermal View of Flammability Limits”, Fire Technology, 2014, 50, 525-543.
- Q. Wang et al. “Isoperibolic Calorimetric Measurement of Global Enthalpy of Hydroxylamine Thermal Decomposition”, Journal of Hazardous Materials, 2013, 254-255, 384-389.
- Q. Wang* et al. “Human Error Analysis of the Macondo Well Blowout”, Process Safety Progress, 2013, 32, 217-221.
- T. Ma, Q. Wang*, M. D. Larrañaga, “Correlations for Estimating Flammability Limits of Pure Fuels and Fuel-inert Mixtures”, Fire Safety Journal, 2013, 56, 9-19.
- Q. Wang*, J. Wang, M. D. Larrañaga, “Simple Relationship for Predicting Thermal Hazards of Nitro Compounds”, Journal of Thermal Analysis and Calorimetry, 2013, 111, 1033-1037.
- Q. Wang* et al. "Effects of Ferric Oxide on Decompositions of Methyl ethyl Ketone Peroxide”, Journal of Loss Prevention in the Process Industries, 2012, 25, 202-208.