- About FPST
- Graduate Program
- Faculty & Staff
Graduate students for admission would be expected to have a B.S. degree in engineering or engineering technology from an ABET accredited (or equivalent) program. Alternately, B.S. students from other related disciplines may also be considered. They should have an undergraduate GPA of 3.0/4.0 or higher. These criteria are generally deemed necessary for the student to be successful within the curriculum. However, applicants not quite meeting their standards may be granted probationary admission and/or required to take leveling classes, based upon their overall academic and professional practice, history, accomplishments, and standardized test scores.
• Official online OSU Graduate College Application (and pay the application fee).
• Official transcripts from all institutions where you have done college level coursework.
• Score report from the General Portion of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE). Note: OSU's GRE institution code is 6546. Not required for OSU Graduates and not required for applicants with Master's degree.
• International applicants must submit results of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) examination or the IELTS (academic stream) examination. Not required for applicants with an OSU degree or degrees from Universities in the United States.
• Statement of purpose or biographical statement.
• Three professional or academic letters of recommendation.
• Current resume or vitae.
• GPA - An undergraduate grade point average (GPA) of 3.0.
• GRE - The general GRE exam must be completed within the last five years.
• For international applicants, the minimum acceptable score on the TOEFL exam is 79 (on the internet-based TOEFL) or 550 (paper based test) or an IELTS score of at least 6.5. The exam must have been taken within the last two years.